Thursday, August 16, 2012

August 2012 Birchbox

Yeah, It's Birchbox time!

For about 6 months now I've been subscribing to a service called Birchbox.  For $10 a month you get a handpicked selection of beauty samples that can range from perfumes, to make-up, to skin care.  When you sign up you fill out a beauty profile and they send you stuff that they think you'd like.  So far it's been really fun to get it each month and it's like Christmas because you never know what you are going to get. 

Each month they seem to have some sort of theme and this month was "Beauty School", a little play on back to school.
How it looked straight from the mailbox

The inside box....


 So what's inside my Birchbox this month?  Lots of great stuff!


DDF Brightening Cleanser.  

This stuff so far is great.  It doesn't really have much of a scent which I appreciate.  It's a foaming gel that uses skin brighteners to fade discoloration and even out skin tone.  Great because as it's nearing the end of summer I've noticed a little unevenness on my face, too much time in the sun :)


Viva La Juicy La Fleur Perfume.
This smells AMAZING!  I love the original Viva La Juicy and this may be even better.  The official description from the sample is "This modern scent is a feminine blend of wild berries, mandarin, and waterlily".  Definitely thinking of picking some of this up.


Whish Three Wishes Body Butter

The jar says the scent is pomegranate but it smells more like a floral to me.  The texture is great, not too thick and it absorbs really quickly without feeling greasy.  I will probably only get a few uses out of this because the jar isn't very big.


Miss Jessie's Original Pillow Soft Curls
I haven't had a chance to use this yet.  It's a hair lotion that is suppose to leave your hair frizz free and feather light.  The package says it is the first "fabric softener" type styling lotion for your hair.  I'm intrigued....They sent me two 1 oz samples which is quite a lot of product.  I think I'll be able to get at least 5 or 6 uses out of this.  Enough to see if I like it.

***UPDATE:  Used this morning.  When they say fabric softener for your hair they literally mean fabric softener.  No joke, this smells and looks exactly like downy (it's light blue).  Not sure this is for me. While I do have naturally curly hair I blow it out and never really wear it curly. This seems to be more for gals who want to wear their hair natural. That being said I still used it on my hair and did a blowout.  Can't say it really did anything (hair does feels soft, not weighed down or greasy) but again, this is more for if you were going to leave your hair curly.  


Schick Hydro Silk Razor

I've actually been using this exact razor and the timing couldn't have been better because I was on the verge of needing a new one.  This razor works great, my only complaint would be that it seems to go dull faster than some other disposable razors I've used.  Or maybe it's just because it's summer and I'm shaving constantly.   A little bonus, there are two $4 off coupons on the back. Yeah!


And lastly they included a "Beauty School" booklet.

 This was kinda fun.  It has all sorts of tips on the inside like getting a better shave, how to read labels on beauty products, makeup quick fixes and skin care tips.

Want to start getting a birchbox of your own?  Click here! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some love! But just like momma said, If you cant say anything nice, don't say anything at all :)